Brewer Park Community Garden has been established to pursue the following mandate:
- Contribute to food security by transforming a patch of open lawn into a landscape for growing food for the local community;
- Provide the local community with access to garden plots where they can grow healthy, organic produce for a minimal annual membership fee;
- Engage volunteers in growing produce for donation to food banks, meal programs, or other food security programs;
- Provide space for children to participate in gardening activities so that they learn about edible plants, insects, and weeds, how they grow and their nutritional value;
- Teach ecologically responsible gardening practices, such as organic growing methods and water conservation;
- Build community ties by bringing together people of all ages and backgrounds (individuals, families, retired people, students, etc.) to volunteer and work together to build and tend the community garden; and
- Support member-driven educational projects that are a benefit to the Garden's members and the local community.