After it was doubtful as to whether the Brewer Park Community Garden would be allowed to open this year due the COVID-19 pandemic, permission as been granted to open the garden for the 2020 growing season.
However every community garden member must read and sign the Garden Member Agreement as it contains information on the rules and guidelines for gardening this year, before the garden can open and they are allowed to enter the garden. This includes anyone using the plot - all gardeners, family members, volunteers or staff in the garden. Let us know if you have any questions.
GARDEN MEMBERS MAY NOT ACCESS THEIR PLOT UNTIL THEY HAVE “SIGNED” THE AGREEMENT.
Once members send in their signed agreement they will receive an email giving them their start date to enter the garden.
Please note the following new rules for this year.
- You can only access your plot on even or odd days depending on your plot # (See agreement for clarification).
- The Covid-19 testing centre is located in the Brewer arena. It is open from 9am-3:30pm.
- Enter the garden on the North West corner. Parking is available on Sloan ave. (see map)
- There is no washroom access. The pool and park washrooms are closed.
- We will be sending weekly emails throughout the season. If ever you have a question, email to this account and we reply as soon as we can.
- Two helpful videos will be available soon. One will be an orientation video, the other will be about the challenges garden members will face this year due to Covid-19.